CSE is a four-year undergraduate course which involves various aspects needed for the creation of a computer system. Career options in CSE include software developers, hardware engineers, system designers, system analysts, database administrators and more. One must have analytical and programming skills, basic knowledge of web design, ideas of machine learning and algorithms to pursue a CSE course.
computer science engineering course details
- 1 computer science engineering course details
- 2 Computer Science and Engineering: Highlights
- 3 Career Scope of Computer Science Engineering
- 4 What is the scope of computer engineering?
- 5 What Computer Hardware Engineers Do
- 6 What are the various courses and subjects in computer engineering?
- 7 What is the Average Computer Engineer Salary?
The curriculum of BTech in Computer Science and Engineering includes very interesting topics revolving around Computer Programming and Networking. Topics are majorly connected to algorithms, computation, programming languages, program design, computer hardware, computer software, etc. It is a comprehensive course in computer systems and applications.
Computer Science and Engineering: Highlights
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualified 10+2 candidates (with PCM)|
|Admission Process||Both merit-based and entrance test based|
|Top Entrance Exams||
JEE Main, JEE Advanced, SRMJEEE, LPU NEST
|Top Institutions Offering B.Tech Computer Science||
IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Madras
Career Scope of Computer Science Engineering
CSE is one of the engineering specialisations. However, candidates pursuing this programme have the option of further choosing amongst various other specialisations like telecommunication, web designing, computer hardware and software implementation and maintenance, etc.
These professionals can work as a data scientist, computer programmer, systems analyst, hardware engineer, software developer, system engineer, IT consultant, system designer, networking engineer, web developer, database administrator, mobility tester, programmer, e-commerce specialist, and software tester.
Subjects in CSE course:
From computer architecture and organisation to software testing, there are various subjects one has to study during this course. Applicants also study cloud computing, database management systems, compiler design, computer networks, data structures and operating systems.
Eligibility Criteria for CSE OR How can i be a computer engineer:
Students who have passed their Class 10 and 12 board examinations from a recognised education board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as primary subjects and appropriate passing marks can opt for this course.If you have completed your B.Tech from a recognised college with a minimum passing percentage, then you can go for CSE course.
What is the scope of computer engineering?
Computer science engineering is a very broad field that encompasses many different subjects and courses. These range from software development to system design to information security and more. The main areas of computer engineering include software development, system design, information security, and operating systems. There are also various career paths you can follow in this discipline such as web developer, database administrator, or network engineer. So if you’re interested in learning more about computer engineering and its many facets, don’t hesitate to explore the different courses and subjects that it has to offer.
- Computer engineering is a comprehensive field that covers a wide range of topics from hardware and software development to networking and information systems.
- It helps in designing, creating, and maintaining computer systems.
- Some of the areas that are covered under computer engineering include: hardware design, system architecture, software development, data management, and networking.
What Computer Hardware Engineers Do
Computer hardware engineers research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices, networks, and routers.
Duties of CSE
Computer hardware engineers typically do the following:
- Design new computer hardware, creating schematics of computer equipment to be built
- Test the computer hardware they design
- Analyze the test results and modify the design as needed
- Update existing computer equipment so that it will work with new software
- Oversee the manufacturing process for computer hardware
Many hardware engineers design devices used in manufactured products that incorporate processors and other computer components and that connect to the Internet. For example, many new cars, home appliances, and medical devices have Internet-ready computer systems built into them.
Computer hardware engineers ensure that computer hardware components work together with the latest software. Therefore, hardware engineers often work with software developers. For example, the hardware and software for mobile phones and other devices frequently are developed at the same time.
What are the various courses and subjects in computer engineering?
Computer science engineering is a highly sought-after field that involves the design and development of computer systems. CSE graduates are in high demand by many companies due to their skillset in cyber security, software engineering, database management system, embedded systems, artificial intelligence, and more. With so many courses and subjects to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which course to pursue. However, by narrowing it down to cyber security, software engineering, and database management system, you’ll have a good idea of the specific subjects and courses that are covered.
Structure of a basic UG CSE Program
- A basic UG CSE program structure will typically have compulsory courses that include Math, Science, and English.
- There will also be elective courses that you can choose from, such as Computer Science, Business Administration, and Information Technology.
- You will also be required to take a compulsory final examination.
A UG CSE Program has a duration of 4 years and the coursework is divided into two semesters.
Why Choose CSE?
Computer Science and Engineering plays a vital role for students who want to make a future in the field of software development. It is a mix of various applications of electrical, electronics, mechanical and other engineering fields with computer science. There are many advantages to choosing computer science and engineering as a career option like-
- Computing is used in everything in our daily lives from the cars we drive, the movies we watch, meetings, presentations, business, and many more.
- The number of job opportunities is increasing and students have a vast scope to apply for different job opportunities.
- Students get well-reputed jobs and with good job satisfaction which is a huge boost to the morale of future students.
- Computing develops creativity and is both a collaborative and individual kind of field, where there is a lot of space to improvise and grow.
Emergence of Software Engineering
Software engineering discipline is the result of advancement in the field of technology. In this section, we will discuss various innovations and technologies that led to the emergence of software engineering discipline.
What is the Average Computer Engineer Salary?
Computer engineering is a growing field with high salaries. it is an engineering jobs are expected to grow 2% coming years.
Computer engineers generally have high salaries. The average computer engineer salary in 2019 was $117,220 according to the BLS. As you progress through a career as a computer engineer you may expect to increase your earning potential. Having an advanced degree in your field could help you reach your full earning potential.