Contentment Quotes- “Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. Keep reading these contentment quotes to discover more. Don’t forget to also check out these inner peace quotes that will help you keep calm and focused. Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration. Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Looking for some quotes that will help you live a more content life in the years to come? Look no further! In this article, we’ve compiled a list of quotes that will help you find contentment in the troubles of life, and remind you that even when things seem tough, there’s always hope. So if you’re feeling down, these quotes may just give you the boost you need to get back on track. Enjoy!
Contentment Quotes 2023
Contentment Quotes For Long Term Well Being. Check out these Sixty contentment quotes and let us know your favorite in the comment section below. What is the difference between happiness and contentment? Well, happiness refers to the state of being happy or feeling pleasure. Happiness is a momentary state, meaning it can come and go. People, things and experiences come around and they can provide happiness, but when they leave what happens to our happiness? Contentment is a long-term state of being where one is at peace with their conditions and have the knowledge that things are ok just as they are.
Daniel Corduroy, founder of the Contentment Foundation, suggests that “Contentment comes from our relationship to what is going on around us, rather than our reaction to it. It is the peaceful realization that we are whole and complete just as we are, despite the anger, sadness, joy, frustration, and excitement that may come in and out from time to time.” How do you define contentment.
Contentment Quotes For Long Term Well Being
|Name Of Article
|| Contentment Quotes For Long Term Well Being
| Contentment Quotes For Long Term Well Being
- Contentment is the only real wealth.
- The greatest wealth is to live content with little
- Contentment consists not in adding more fuel, but in taking away some fire.
- From labor health, from health contentment spring; contentment opes the source of every joy.
- There’s satisfaction and contentment in direction.
- Contentment is work so engrossing that you do not know that you are working.
- One should either be sad or joyful. Contentment is a warm sty for eaters and sleepers.
- There is no end of craving. Hence contentment alone is the best way to happiness. Therefore, acquire contentment.
- Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy.
- Contentment is, after all, simply refined indolence
- It is not being out at heels that makes a man discontented, it is being out at heart. To be contented is to be good friends with yourself.
- If the principles of contentment are not within us, the height of station and worldly grandeur will as soon add a cubit to a man’s stature as to his happiness.
- It is much easier in many ways for me-and for other Presidents, I think, who felt the same way-when Congress is not in town
- Contentment preserves one from catching cold. Has a woman who knew that she was well dressed ever caught a cold? No, not even when she had scarcely a rag on her back.
- Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor.
- Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.
- Complacency is the enemy of progress.
Read also :- Sunrise Quotes
Contentment Quotes For Long Term Inner Peace
- We should purify our innate well of contentment – what a wonderful expression – and then external things will be in harmony with us.
- Education was not about consumption, but about contentment with less and less. This is what Buddha taught and this is what the Vedas say.
- Yet better for one of my nature to have it that way than to have life a peaceful, placid flow of quiet contentment. I must have days of rushing excitement.
- A youthful mind is seldom totally free from ambition; to curb that, is the first step to contentment, since to diminish expectation is to increase enjoyment.
- Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man’s happiness really lies in contentment.”
- True contentment is a thing as active as agriculture. It is the power of getting out of any situation all that there is in it. It is arduous and it is rare.
- This happiness consisted of nothing else but the harmony of the few things around me with my own existence, a feeling of contentment and well-being that needed no changes and no intensification.
- Set me a task in which I can put something of my very self, and it is a task no longer; it is joy; it is art.
- Let thy discontents be thy secrets; if the world knows them ’twill despise thee and increase them.
- Disappointment is a sticky one, because no one can steal contentment, joy, gratitude, or peace – we have to give it away.
- You say, ‘If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.’ You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.
- If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be content to take their own and depart.
- I think instead [of happiness] we should be working for contentment… an inner sense of fulfillment that’s relatively independent of external circumstances.
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
Check also :- Funny Bridesmaid Quotes
Contentment quotes about the bible & spirituality
- All religions try to benefit people, with the same basic message of the need for love and compassion, for justice and honesty, for contentment.
- Contentment does not come from achievement. It comes from a relationship with the Lord.
- There is greatness in the fear of God, contentment in faith of God, and honor in humility.
- A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.
- The Christian experiences and lives a paradox. He possesses joy in sorrow, fulfillment in exile, light in darkness, peace in turmoil, consolation in dryness, contentment in pain and hope in desolation.
- My main job is to live with deep contentment, joy, and confidence in my everyday experience of life with God. Everything else is job number two.
- Christian contentment is that sweet, inward, quiet, gracious frame of spirit, which freely submits to and delights in God’s wise and fatherly disposal in every condition.
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
- Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
- Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
- Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor.
- Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness.
- It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
- I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.
- I don’t have everything I want but I have everything I need. That’s contentment.
- Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.
Everyone wants to be happy, but few know how to achieve it. This is especially true for those in the working world, where there are always new demands and pressures. The good news is that there are many techniques and strategies that you can use to reach contentment, regardless of your current circumstances. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of quotes that will help you on your journey to happiness. So take a read, and start living a life that is truly fulfilling!
Related posts :-
Dalai Lama Quotes