Raise your hands if you have been waiting for Diwali as much as we do! With the festive date just around the corner, it’s time to start prepping up for it, with Diyas, crackers and of course, Rangolis! In many households. it’s a ritual to adorn the entrance of a home with carpets of Rangoli designs for Diwali.
Diwali Rangoli Overview
- 1 Diwali Rangoli Overview
- 2 Importance of Rangoli for Diwali
- 3 1. Simple Brighting Diya Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
- 4 2. Beautiful Rangoli Design with the Diya’s
- 5 6. The Eight Mango Kolam Rangoli:
- 6 10. The Sankar Bharati Design Rangoli for Happy Diwali
- 7 14. The Dhana Lakshmi Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
- 7.1 15. The Round Rangoli Pattern for Happy Diwali
- 7.2 16. The Easy Decorative Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
- 7.3 17. The Contemporary Diwali Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
- 7.4 18. The Diwali Mor Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
- 7.5 19. Diwali Diya Rangoli Design for ” Happy Diwali”
- 7.6 20. The Elegant Freehand Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
- 7.7 21. The Best Diwali Themed Rangoli Design
- 7.8 22. The Colourful Floral Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
- 8 23. The Pookalam Rangoli For Happy Diwali
- 9 Additional Tips & Tricks For Happy Diwali Rangoli Designs
This colorful tradition was originally started to commemorate the victory of good against evil. It is also associated with Goddess Lakshmi, who can bless you with loads of wealth. As per Indian beliefs, a well-decorated entry with bright Rangolis is an inviting factor for good luck and prosperity. So, this Diwali, unleash your creativity by taking some inspiration from these artistic Rangoli patterns!
Importance of Rangoli for Diwali
According to the Hindu Dharma, it is considered auspicious to put Rangoli on important days of the year. Especially on Diwali, which marks the homecoming of Lord Rama after a victorious battle against Ravana, these patterns symbolize hope and happiness! In different parts of India, these art forms are known by different names like “Kolam”, “Muggulu”, “Kolangal”, “Alpana” etc., Deepavali designs are largely focused on symmetry, choice of colours and themes to bring in the festive spirits.
Latest Diwali Rangoli Designs 2023 with Pictures:
This year, make an impressive statement in your neighbourhood by trying out one of these attractive Deepavali Designs (Muggulu):
1. Simple Brighting Diya Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
This is a very simple rangoli that can be drawn on the occasion of Diwali as it features a Diya as the main attraction. Start with the Diya and then draw the flowers and leaves outside. Fill colours in a contrasting way. In this design, the pink, green and yellow colors stand out and lend it an aesthetic touch. After filling in the pink in the centre, write “Happy Diwali” with yellow for contrast.
This rangoli design has been trending lately and involves very little hand turning skills as it does not include drawing freehand patterns. It is based on putting large dots in the required model first and then moving the chalk powder in a particular direction with your fingertips to make the design. Start from the Diya and plot the dots with colour according to the number and arrangement of the flowers. Move the colour outwards with your fingertips for the flowers. The pattern of the leaves can be made with a stick. This coming Diwali, woo your visitors with this simple yet colourful rangoli.
2. Beautiful Rangoli Design with the Diya’s
It is an effortless yet elegant rangoli design for beginners. It involves a simple flower drawn in the centre with curved petals and mango motifs radiating from it. The highlight of this design is the striking contrast between the colours used. The shading used in the outer leaves and the checkered pattern in the flowers add an elegant touch to the rangoli design. It is suitable for any festival and be customized accordingly. For example, decorate it with diyas during Diwali and flower petals for Sankranthi. This design looks complicated but rests assured, once you get the hang of it, you will love the compliments flowing your way.
3. Best Colourful Rangoli Design For the Beginners:
4. The Attractive Floral Rangoli Design:
5. The Four Square Diyas Rangoli
6. The Eight Mango Kolam Rangoli:
7. The Mandala Rangoli for Beginners:
8. The Designs of Rainbow Rangoli for Happy Diwali
This masterpiece is a perfect marriage of symmetry and colors. It is also one of the most trending Diwali Rangoli designs, as it is quite simple to make. First, a base circle is drawn in the center, from where a series of colorful petals are drawn, interlaced into each other. This structure is supported by a series of circles in different colors. Using white chalk powder, the empty space is filled up to make the pigmented powders pop out.
9. The Divine Flower Kolam Rangoli for Happy Diwali
The main purpose of a Rangoli is to channelize your inner energy through curves, lines and bright colors. Seen here is one such exclusive design for your prayer room. It can be done using a freehand drawing, using a set of symmetrical circles. The Mandara style art has a spiritual vibe, attained by the internal patterns created in each of these rounds. Bright flowers at the end finish this pattern and also hold your precious lamps.
10. The Sankar Bharati Design Rangoli for Happy Diwali
If you have ever visited the state of Maharashtra, you might have heard about the art of Sanskar Bharati Rangoli. This special technique is made using the fingers, typically three or five of your hand to creating fancy, artistic patterns. A basic sketch is first made on the ground, into which color powders are sprinkled evenly. Using fingers or even tools like pends, 3D effects are created as shown. Finally, white powder is used to bring the central element into focus.
11. The Abstract Beauty Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
Florals are always in trend and this one is an evergreen classic! The lotus flower is given a colorful twist by expanding the number of petals in an outward direction and filling them up. It is an eclectic mix of contrasting light and dark shades, to represent the highs and lows of human life. You can choose to keep the lamp in the center or the corners.
12. The Corner Rangoli Design For Happy Diwali
If you have a round-shaped hall or room and wish to highlight one particular area, this semicircle Rangoli is a great idea. It is a combination of the traditional chalk powder Kolam, along with the modernistic floral designs. Placeholders are provided for the lamps inside the pattern. You can use a variety of flowers to make it look brighter and beautiful or choose to keep it simple with marigold and chrysanthemum.
13. The Kundan Readymade Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
If you desire some side designs for your Rangoli centrepiece, then check out these Kundan based, readymade Rangoli pieces. These are available in many online stores, from where you can choose a pattern and buy them as a set. Depending on your creativity, these pieces can be arranged to create unique designs. They can later be stored for future use.
14. The Dhana Lakshmi Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
This Diwali, welcome the Goddess of wealth with this traditional pattern. The image of two white elephants showering tons of wealth into the Kalasa symbolizes the entry of Dhana Lakshmi into your house. The entire sketch is made on a Lotus design, which is the abode of the Devi. The words “Shubh” and “Laabh”, meaning “Auspiciousness” and “Benefits” are etched on either side to suit the occasion.
15. The Round Rangoli Pattern for Happy Diwali
Brighten up your entrance with this glorious Diya and Floral round Rangoli. It is extremely simple to make this one, using just a base of colorful chalk mat. Use earthy shades of maroon to form a circular shape as shown. Now using white chalk powder, create beautiful patterns, along with defining the borders of the circles. You can place a big Diya in the center and small ones along the perimeter.
16. The Easy Decorative Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
If you are a newbie to Rangolis, then this beginner level pattern can help you. Using a chalk piece, draw the body of a peacock. Just fill it with colored powder evenly in different blocks of the design. Now fill a ketchup bottle with white chalk powder and squeeze lightly to create those dots on the border. Press the center with your finger for flatness. You can elaborate on the designs further by adding multiple elements.
17. The Contemporary Diwali Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
Take a look at this design, which is a modern take on the conventional Rangoli. The choice of colors and textures give a surreal effect on the eyes of the beholder. The basic construction of the Rangoli remains the same. However, it is the external filling that adds beauty. Shaded color powders are added in thick layers, on which fingers are used to create wave patterns. You can even try a variety of tools like ice cream sticks, spoons, etc., to improvise the designs.
18. The Diwali Mor Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
Here is a little twist in the tale of your regular Peacock design! The innovative design uses the theme of “Mor”, in the form of colors and patterns. A big floral design is created, inside which details are filled to resemble the “eyes” of a peacock feather. A Diya design is drawn in the center and all the borders are highlighted with white. Lastly, an intricately done circle completes this figure.
19. Diwali Diya Rangoli Design for ” Happy Diwali”
Take a look at this simple, yet strikingly beautiful Rangoli pattern. The colorful effect instantly grabs the attention of onlookers. It stays true to the spirit of Diwali, with the use of a Diya as the main motif. A message “Happy Diwali” is drawn to add to the enthusiasm of the festival day. Placing beautiful earthen lamps add to the charm!
20. The Elegant Freehand Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
Here is another gorgeous design that you can create at home without much ado. First, take chalk and sketch out the basic outline. Create the mango motif and draw the two floral patterns on top and bottom. Now fill colors that are bright and bold. You can even make it look even more pretty by adding flourishes on either side.
21. The Best Diwali Themed Rangoli Design
Decorate your home with this exclusive Diwali kolam design and achieve lots of appreciation from your friends and family. The heart-shaped Diyas and the ‘Happy Diwali’ wish are perfect to set the mood for the festival. As it is a fairly large pattern, you can do it for your office events to impress the crowd. You can also use this concept and create simpler patterns that please the eye!
22. The Colourful Floral Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
This wonderful Diwali flower Rangoli design made on the floor of your living room can certainly make your festival more refreshing and enjoyable. The design consists of flowers, petals and leaves. However, you can pick your own colours and give them a newer look. It is fairly easy to draw the outline with a chalk piece and then decorate it with different shades. Use gold shimmer to add a shiny look.
23. The Pookalam Rangoli For Happy Diwali
Now here comes a new Rangoli design for the Deepawali festival that is completely made of flower petals. The Kerala style Pookalam concept is extended to Diwali as well. The flowers are chosen very carefully to match the spirit of the festivity, while the design is created so neatly that it makes the celebration more joyous. Adding Diyas to the center and important spots of the design can glorify it further.
24. The Best Om Diwali Rangoli Design for Happy Diwali
This bright and colourful rangoli is just right for a spiritual festival with the Sanskrit ‘Om’ at its center. “Om” is an auspicious symbol of the Hindu religion, that symbolizes the universal name of the divine power. Using this as your central idea, you can develop it further by creating a circular mandala shaped design around it. Fill it with different patterns to suit the spirit of the festival.
25. The Ganesha Rangoli Design For Happy Diwali
Can you imagine any special occasion without Lord Ganesha? Of course not! The elephant God is an obstacle remover and also the Lord of new beginnings. So, this year, if you want to embark on a new journey in your life, then please him with this gorgeous pattern. Use the face on the right side and create a semi-circular design to symbolize his blessings.
Additional Tips & Tricks For Happy Diwali Rangoli Designs
If you are sceptical about how to proceed with your festive Kolam, then simply follow these easy hacks:
- First, analyse the area in which you plan to make the Rangoli. Depending on the size, you must pick the right design.
- For exteriors, choose a large pattern, preferably in round shapes too for wider and better coverage.
- If you are not an expert with chalk powder, use a chalk piece or a stencil to create the outline. Fill it with colours and just use white powder to highlight the borders.
- You can even use smart tools like cones, moulds, CD’s, bangles or other DIY stuff for sharp patterns. However, they work for smaller designs only.
- Flower petals are a great replacement for artificial, harmful colours. So, if you are an environmentally conscious person, follow this tip.
- And remember always to start your pattern inside out, rather than the opposite, as it can avoid stepping on your design.
- Create border designs like creepers, flowers or simple lines to mark the boundaries.
Don’t these Rangoli designs for Diwali look amazing? This year, don’t settle anything for ordinary! Make your festival even more special by recreating these fascinating patterns in your home. Do play with the color palates and experiment with various shading techniques to create impressive effects. If you have come up with something more interesting, do let us know! Who knows, your work might get featured the next year?
हर जानकारी अपनी भाषा हिंदी में सरल शब्दों में प्राप्त करने के लिए हमारे फेसबुक पेज को लाइक करे जहाँ आपको सही बात पूरी जानकारी के साथ प्रदान की जाती है । हमारे फेसबुक पेज को लाइक करने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें ।