Rumi Quotes – Rumi is the Master of Poetry. He was one of the great 13th century Persian poets, faqih, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic. The great poet was born in Tajikistan, Afghanistan. The Sufi poet was born to native Persian-speaking parents. At that time he started practicing Sufism. Then after he became an Islamic Jurist, issuing fatwas and giving sermons in the mosques of Konya. In the later stage, he transformed into an ascetic. The poetry written by Rumi touches the heart of everyone. It speaks about love which infuses the world.
Rumi was a strong believer in the use of music, poetry, and dance as a path for reaching God. According to him, music was a source that helped devotees to focus their whole being on the divine. His teachings became the base for the order of the Mevlevi, which his son Sultan Walid organized. His poetry was categorized into the quatrains and odes (ghazal) of the Divan, the six books of the Masani. The prose works are divided into The Discourses, The Letters, and the Seven Sermons.
Rumi Quotes 2023
Rumi quotes have enlightened millions over centuries in looking at life from a meaningful perspective. Life is mysterious, chaotic, beautiful and messy – all at the same time. But in all this mayhem for power and self-absorption, we eventually lose purpose and no longer find beauty in little things. But it’s okay to wander as long as you’re willing to find your way back again. Rumi is well known for his articulate poetry and fantastic works of literature. The 13th-century poet used his words to transcend time and geographical barriers. Widely read, Rumi quotes are celebrated all around the world and have managed to inspire generation after generation.
Unlike what most people presume, the quest of love does not begin with finding the perfect companion. Rather, it’s a path towards self-discovery that eventually brings us to our final destination. In his poetry, Rumi wrote about the purest form of love – love for God and His wonderful creations. In its purest form, love is selfless and is devoid of all selfish motives and cruel intentions. It surpasses all forms of human desire and explores a much deeper connection.
Rumi Quotes Celebrating Love, Life and Light
- Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.
- Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
- There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground; there are a thousand ways to go home again.
- Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
- This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.
- Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love? The first condition is that you make yourself humble as dust and ashes.
- You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.
- If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth, they would be pursuing me. For I have blossomed so much, I am the envy of the gardens.
- Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
- Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
- Why do you stay in prison, when the door is so wide open.
- The Prophets accept all agony and trust it. For the water has never feared the fire.
- Your depression is connected to your insolence and refusal to praise.
Various Massages About Love, Life and Light
- Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
- Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.
- Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
- There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you
- Rumi Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
- Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
- Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.
- Anyone who genuinely and consistently with both hands looks for something will find it.
- In each moment the fire rages, it will burn away a hundred veils. And carry you a thousand steps toward your goal.
- The garden of the world has no limit except in your mind.
- When I am silent, I fall into the place where everything is music.
- There is a life force within your soul, seek that life. There is a gem in the mountain of your body, seek that mine. O traveller, if you are in search of that, don’t look outside, look inside yourself and seek that.
Check also:-Drawing Quotes
Rumi Quotes Inspiring Love, Life and Light
- Sit, be still, and listen about Rumi.
- Patience is the key to joy.
- If the light is in your heart, you will find your way home.
- Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
- Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought.
- I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.
- Dance until you shatter yourself.
- Grace comes to forgive and then forgive again.
- Become the sky. Take an axe to the prison wall. Escape.
- Let yourself become living poetry.
- Be soulful. Be kind. Be in love.
- Be an empty page, untouched by words.
- The wealth within you, your essence, is your kingdom.
- To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes.
- Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
- Wherever you stand, be the soul of that place.
- You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life.
- Half-heartedness doesn’t reach into majesty.
- Look at the moon in the sky, not the one in the lake.
- What is planted in each person’s soul will sprout.
- The source of now is here.
Read more :- Motivational Quotes
Best Saying On Rumi Quotes, Love
- You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.
- Patience with small details makes perfect a large work, like the universe.
- Let us carve gems out of our stony hearts and let them light our path to love.
- Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah… it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.
- Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being.
- Whoever has heart’s doors wide open, could see the sun itself in every atom.
- The message behind the words is the voice of the heart.
- You are not one you are a thousand. Just light your lantern.
- Work. Keep digging your well. Water is there somewhere.
- With every breath, I plant the seeds of devotion, I am a farmer of the heart.
- Achieve some perfection yourself, so that you may not fall into sorrow by seeing the perfection in others.
- Whether one moves slowly or with speed, the one who is a seeker will be a finder.
Rumi Quotes are inspirational, and his poetry will expand your mind allowing you to gain insight about your life. Rumi lived in the 13th century as a Persian poet and had a massive influence on the Muslim communities writing and culture. His writings are eloquent, wise, and powerful; as you read, you will look at the world differently. One of my favorite poets, Rumi quotes, and Rumi sayings still resonate in our world today.
Rumi has a massive following around the world and is one of the best selling poets in the USA. In celebration of Rumi, we have put together a collection of his most famous quotes and sayings. Crack the code to seeing the bigger picture. Let these Rumi quotes be the light to shine the way! If you need some help seeing the bigger picture of love and life, these Rumi quotes and sayings will expand your mind in ways you never knew. Gain insight and inspiration from a great wordsmith that lived in the 13th century.
THANKS FOR READING