Grief Quotes – Losing someone close to you whether that’s because of a death in the family, a divorce, or the ending of a friendship is hard. Along with the initial shock, it’s a challenge when you have to go on and learn how to navigate the future without them by your side. And because the grieving process is different for everyone, it can often be lonely and isolating. That why we’ve rounded up powerful quotes about grief to help you put into words what you’re feeling. You can use these messages as a reminder that you’re not alone, or you can share them with someone who is experiencing a loss as a source of comfort.
Some of the sayings below are short and positive to help drive home that time can heal all wounds, even if right now it doesn’t feel that way. Others are longer (like the ones from famous authors) and a bit solemn for the days when you just want to read something that relates to your sadness.
Grief Quotes 2023
hey say one of the hardest things about life is death, and it’s true. The pain of losing a friend or loved one is immense. And while we all grieve differently, there are some universal truths. One is that there is no timeline for grief, and no way to fully prepare for someone’s death. There is also no right or wrong way to grieve. It’s also important to note that all feelings surrounding loss are valid and important, so don’t beat yourself up no matter how you’re feeling.
Grief comes in and out of our lives Maybe someone you love has just gotten a tough diagnosis and you’re wondering what the future looks like. Or you’ve lost someone close to you, whether it be by death or divorce or a painful disagreement, and you’re wondering how to move on. Grief looks different for everyone, but the silver lining is that you aren’t alone in the experience of it. Whatever stage of the grieving process you’re in, there are people all around you who’ve been through tough times too and have offered their own wisdoms to help you feel less alone. These grief quotes will allow you a space to feel solidarity with those who have grieved before you.
Grief Quotes To Inspire Help Deal with Loss of Loved One
- I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.
- The darker the night, the brighter the stars, the deeper the grief, the closer is God!
- No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.
- Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul. I find myself searching the crowds for your face—I know it’s an impossibility, but I cannot help myself.
- Come back. Even as a shadow, even as a dream.
- Grief is an amputation, but hope is incurable hemophilia: You bleed and bleed and bleed.
- There is no grief like the grief that does not speak.
- Grief is a curious thing, when it happens unexpectedly. It is a band-aid being ripped away, taking the top layer off a family. And the underbelly of a household is never pretty, ours no exception.
- You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.
- Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.
- Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.
- Grief is a most peculiar thing; we’re so helpless in the face of it. It’s like a window that will simply open of its own accord. The room grows cold, and we can do nothing but shiver. But it opens a little less each time, and a little less; and one day we wonder what has become of it.
- Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.
- Grief is just love with no place to go.
- I don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains.
- What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.
- Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.
- The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you’ll learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.
Check also:- Words of Wisdom Quotes
GRIEF QUOTES TO HELP YOU DEAL WITH SORROW AND LOSS SAYING
- Embrace your grief. For there, your soul will grow.
- Something still exists as long as there’s someone around to remember it.
- Life is full of grief, to exactly the degree we allow ourselves to love other people.
- Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.
- It’s an honor to be in grief. It’s an honor to feel that much, to have loved that much.
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
- People just disappear sometimes. You have to love and appreciate them while they’re near you.
- There are times when explanations, no matter how reasonable, just don’t seem to help.
- This is not the life you pictured but here you are. You can still make something beautiful. Grieve. Breathe. Begin again.
- No one feels another’s grief, no one understands another’s joy. People imagine that they can reach one another. In reality they only pass each other by.
Read more :- Kevin Gates Quotes
To Massages Help Deal with Loss of Loved One
- The art of life is not controlling what happens to us, but using what happens to us. Gloria Steinem
- Thought is time, time is sorrow. Jiddu Krishnamurt
- How much more damage anger and grief do than the things that cause them. Marcus Aureliu
- It is not impermanence that makes us suffer. What makes us suffer is wanting things to be permanent, when they are not.
- Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything. C.S. Lewis (A Grief Observed, Amazon book
- No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear. I am not afraid, but the sensation is like being afraid. The same fluttering in the stomach, the same restlessness, the yawning. I keep on swallowing.
- Whenever sorrow comes, be kind to it. For God has placed a pearl in sorrow’s hand.
- At other times it feels like being mildly drunk, or concussed.
- Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.
- The darker the night, the brighter the stars, the deeper the grief, the closer is God.
- The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.
- If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone? Jodi Picoult (My Sister’s Keeper, Amazon book
- We run from grief because loss scares us, yet our hearts reach toward grief because the broken parts want to mend.
- True that we don’t know what we’ve got till we lose it, but also true that we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives.
THANKS FOR READING